Terms and Conditions
Terms and conditions
Rue Madame Web Limited is a company incorporated in Hong Kong. Our registered address is Unit 1003-05, 10/F, Seaview Commercial Building, 21 Connaught Road West, Sheung Wan, HONG KONG.
If you are under 18, by registering for an account with us or otherwise using our Services, you agree that you have informed your parents and guardians about the TOS prior to such registration or use, and they have approved of such registration or use by you on the terms of the TOS. Rue Madame reserves the right to only accept orders from you if you are aged 18 or over.
We will never ask you for your account’s password either in writing (via email or otherwise), in person or on the phone. In using the Site, you are responsible for: (i) safeguarding any passwords used to access your account and our Services, and (ii) all use of our Services under your account. Please take reasonable care in protecting access to your account from any unauthorized use. If you suspect that the security of your account has been compromised or if there is unauthorised use of your account, please Contact us immediately.
ELIGIBILITY TO PURHCASE
In order to place orders with us, you must meet our conditions of eligibility:
- Be aged 18 years of age or over
- Be in possession of a valid credit card issued by a licensed bank acceptable to Rue Madame for payment
- Providing personal and payment details that are warranted by you to be both valid and accurate (email address, real name, phone number, billing information and other requested information as indicated on the Site).
All orders are subject to stock availability and confirmation of the order price. Items in your shopping basket are not reserved and may be purchased by other customers. Once you have placed your order, we will send you an email acknowledging the exact details of your order, providing you with a payment reference and the value of your order that will be debited from your credit/debit card. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from ruemadame.com.
Unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, our acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place when you receive an email from us notifying you that we have dispatched the Items ordered by you. (refer to Shipping).
The Site is for your personal use only. You may not purchase goods from the Site for reselling purposes or commercial exploitation.
Rue Madame will endeavour to ensure that the Content and the product descriptions on the Site are as accurate and complete as possible. We however do not warrant that “Content” and product descriptions are accurate, complete, current or error-free. Please refer to our Returns policy if you feel a product offered by Rue Madame is not as described.
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors of our products that appear on Rue Madame. However, as computer monitors vary, we cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be completely accurate.
To ensure that the most accurate pricing, taxes and delivery costs are displayed, we recommend that you click on the link at the top of our website and select your country from the list of shipping destinations.
Currency: All orders will be settled in Hong Kong Dollar (HKD) only. For Hong Kong site, only HKD is available for display currency. Prices for shipment to the HK, Macau and China will be shown in HKD, where shipment elsewhere will be displayed in US Dollar by fault, however you may choose other display currencies available. Excluding HKD, the currencies shown on the e-platform are a guideline and we do not guarantee that prices remain accurate to the how you will be charged by your bank.
If your credit card is not denominated in Hong Kong Dollars (HKD), the final price charged in your currency will be calculated by your issuing bank in accordance with the applicable exchange rate on the day your card issuer processes the transaction.
Prices displayed on the Site at the time your order is accepted will be honoured except in the case of obvious error. Whilst we use our best endeavours to ensure that all prices appearing on the Site are accurate, we do not guarantee that they are error-free and reserve our right to rectify any errors. If we discover an error in the price of any products that you have ordered, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming or cancelling your order. If we are unable to contact you, we will treat the order as cancelled.
Product price in our international site is incured with certains factors like import tax or delivery fee. It is not aligned with our physical store due to different operational mode.
TAXES AND DUTIES
Taxes and duties applicable to your order depend on the shipping country of your order:
- Hong Kong orders are not subject to taxes and duties.
- Orders from international countries served on a Delivery Duty Paid (DDP) basis will incur relevant import tax and duty and Rue Madame will cover the cost on these. This one-step process is for your convenience. Please note that the import tax and duty charges would be passed to the relevant local Customs authorities and are therefore non-refundable in the event of a return or exchange. You will only be charged taxes and duties once for exchanges; Rue Madame will cover the cost of taxes and duties for the replacement. Please refer to Shipping for the most up-to-date list of countries served on a DDP basis.
- Customers placing orders from countries served on a Delivery Duty Unpaid (DDU) basis will only be charged for the price of the product(s) purchased (excluding taxes and duties) and the delivery costs. Customers will be responsible for the payment of all import tax and duties levied by the country to which the products are shipped and payment of the said tax and duties is necessary for the release of the products ordered from the Customs on arrival. Our courier, DHL or SF Express, will contact customers about the details of any import duty to pay. We advise you to contact your local customs authority to determine the cost of import tax and duties of your order prior to your placing orders with us.
The following countries are shipped to on a DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) basis:
Payment can be made by Visa, MasterCard, China Union pay (CUP) and American Express. You can also choose to pay with PayPal. When selecting this option at checkout, you will be directed to the PayPal site to 'Log In' and review the amount shown before clicking 'Pay Now'. Once this transaction is complete, you will then return to ruemadame.com. Payment will be debited and cleared from your account upon dispatch of your order by Rue Madame. You confirm that the credit card that is being used is yours or that you have been specifically authorised by the owner of the credit card to use it. All credit card holders are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorize payment to Rue Madame, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
We take reasonable care to make our Site secure. All credit card transactions on this site are processed using MIGS, a secure online payment gateway that encrypts your card details in a secure host environment. If you are a registered Rue Madame user, we will securely store your credit card details on our systems. These details will be fully encrypted and only used to process card transactions which you have initiated.
To help ensure that your shopping experience is safe, simple, and secure, Rue Madame uses Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
Furthermore, we take reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorized access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Site.
ACCEPTANCE OF YOUR ORDER
Once you have entered your personal and payment details to place your order, we will send you an email acknowledging the receipt of your order request. This email is only a confirmation of receipt of your order request and does not constitute an acceptance of your order.
Orders are processed pending availability and credit verification. Orders placed on Friday after 5 PM HKT (Hong Kong Time) will begin processing on the following Monday. Rue Madame will contact you with a follow-up email if the merchandise you have selected is not currently in stock or if we need additional information for credit verification. Delivery time does not include Sundays or Holidays.
Your order will be accepted and the contract between you and Rue Madame will be completed when we send you an email to confirm the goods have been dispatched to you and your payment has been accepted. Only the goods listed in the confirmation email sent at the time of dispatch are subject of the sale contract. All sales contracts are made in Hong Kong (SAR) and are written in English.
Rue Madame reserves its right not to accept an order for any reason in its sole discretion (including, but not limited to, any of the following):
- The product you ordered is out of stock, or is withdrawn due to its failure to meet our quality standards or due to the shipping restrictions applicable to one or all of the ordered items.
- We identify a pricing or product description error.
- We are unable to obtain authorisation for your payment.
- You do not meet the eligibility criteria to purchase the Product in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Service.
Our Customer Service team will contact you as soon as possible if there are any problems with your order.
Rue Madame consistently works toward maintaining competitive prices on everything we carry and for some brands we stick to the prices determined by our suppliers. However, if you find the same product for a lower price (in the same size, colour and specification) we will be happy to price match. Please follow the below criteria when considering:
The item must be full price and not subject to any promotion or sales offers.
The item must be available for everyone to buy. We will match the price shown online, not including any additional promotional/member discounts or codes.
The item to be price matched has to be identical to the one listed at ruemadame.com, and currently in-stock.
The retailer’s website must be an authorized distributor of the brand
- Price Match will only compare sites which ship products to customer’s shipment location.
Rue Madame does not consider websites which operate as an auction, discounter or liquidator as competitors and there will not match prices of these retailers
Although we are more than happy to do so in almost all situations, we do reserve the right not to alter our listed price.
General refund and return polices apply to Price Match item. In case of refund, the refund amount is equivalent to that shown on issued invoice.
To arrange a price match, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before placing the order and we will seek to arrange your price match as quick as possible.
It can be sent to an address selected by you. (home, work, etc. - never a PO Box)
We endeavour to dispatch all products ordered within 24 hours after the order has been placed and accepted by us. You will be given an indication of the expected delivery time after you have placed your order online. Rue Madame’s teams will try their best to meet these estimates but cannot guarantee that such estimates must be met.
Rue Madame insures each order through transit up until it is delivered to you. You need to sign a confirmation of receipt of the products when the products are collected and by doing so, you accept the responsibility for the products ordered from that moment on. If the recipient is not the original purchaser, or in case of delivery of a gift, then you accept this signature as an evidence of delivery and fulfilment of your order by Rue Madame. You also accept the associated transfer of responsibility in the same way.
Rue Madame provides free shipping on all orders in the HK Site over HKD400 and above USD120 in the International Site. In HK site, orders under HKD400 will be subjected to a shipping fee of HKD50. In the international site, orders under USD120 will be subjected to a shipping fee of HKD200.
Shipping fee will be applied in special promotion period. Rue Madame reserves the right to update its shipping policy at its sole discretion without prior notice.
Please allow extra time for your order to be processed during public holidays and busy periods. For a list of Hong Kong public holidays, please click here.
Please be informed that in some cases your local customs office may require additional documents and time to have your package cleared. During such instances, the estimated delivery time may be affected.
If you refuse a shipment from Rue Madame, you are responsible for the original shipping charges, any Import Fees that are incurred on the package, and the cost of returning the package to Rue Madame. This amount will be deducted from your merchandise refund. Please contact us your shipping and handling questions or comments.
To add convenience and flexibility to your shopping experience, you can order online and opt to personally collect, or send a representative for, your purchase from a pre-designated Rue Madame store during weekdays.
This service is available for orders placed in Hong Kong and to be collected from ifc mall store or Lee Garden 2 store.
Simply select the PICK UP AT STORE option on the Shipping page at Checkout. This option will only be displayed if your selected shipping country is Hong Kong. We will notify you once the order is ready for pick up. You will have 2 weeks’ time to collect it in designated store.
To collect your order present your printed order confirmation and the credit card used to make the purchase or, a photo ID of the person named as collecting on your behalf.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
Please visit our Return & Exchange page for all information about return or exchange your merchandize.
In-store VIP 10% discount can be applied to all regular-priced items on our e-shop. To enjoy your VIP discount, please login with your pre-registered e-mail address in your in-store account.
If this is your first time login, please click 'forget password' under the register/login section and your password will be sent to your registered e-mail address.
If you are unsure on your registered e-mail address, feel free to contact us via e-mail (email@example.com).
How to use:
1. Log in or Sign up (if you don't have account in Rue Madame.)
2. Go to "MY ACCOUNT"
3. Simply submit your giftcard code:
4. Apply your Giftcard credit on "My Bag" Page:
5. Complete the payment on checkout page:
Terms and Conditions:
Rue Madame Virtual Gift Cards are sold subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. Rue Madame Virtual Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
2. Gift Cards can be redeemed against all products on the ruemadame.com site.
3. Gift Cards are non-transferable and may not be returned or redeemed for cash.
4. If your order total is less than the value of the Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. You may check your Gift Card balance online via your My Account page.
5. If your order exceeds the value of the Gift Card and you have existing e-store credit on your account, this will automatically be redeemed to cover the remaining balance. All remaining balances exceeding the value of your gift credit or e-store credit must be paid by credit or debit card.
6. If you return products you have purchased using a Virtual Gift Card, the remaining balance will be credited to your account as store credit and will be redeemed against subsequent orders. You may check your E-Store Credit balance online via your My Account page.
7. Virtual Gift Cards will be e-mailed to the recipient once the full order has been processed and payment has been taken.
8. Rue Madame is not liable for delivery of a Virtual Gift Card to an incorrect or non-existent email address. This is the sole responsibility of the purchaser.
9. Rue Madame is not responsible if a Gift Card is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
10. Rue Madame reserves the right to cancel a Virtual Gift Card if we deem such action necessary.
11. Promotion codes cannot be applied to the purchase of Gift Cards with the exception of free shipping codes which can be applied to Printed Gift Cards orders.
12. Sales tax and shipping is applicable on any products purchased with a Rue Madame Gift Card.
Promotion codes are non-transferable and there is no cash alternative. All promotion code is not applicable on sale items. Furthermore, they cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion code or offers, and must be redeemed by the date published, if provided. No refund can be made if promotional code is applied, unless specified.
“Rue Madame”, the Rue Madame logo and the artwork are registered trademarks of Rue Madame trademarks may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not Rue Madame’s, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customer or in any manner that disparages or discredits Rue Madame. You agree not to use Rue Madame anywhere without our prior written consent.
All software and “Content” (which is defined as, or includes, any text, audio or music, video, graphics, photographs, and image) are the intellectual property of Rue Madame and are protected by intellectual property and copyright laws and international treaty provisions.
The Site is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Any non-personal and/or commercial use of the Content is only permitted when expressly authorised by Rue Madame and/or its third party licensors. You may not distribute, reproduce, publish, sell or license any Content contained within the Site without prior consent or authorization of Rue Madame. Any such unauthorized actions may result in civil consequences or criminal penalties.
Rue Madame reserves the right to withdraw or amend any item of the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason the Site is unavailable at any time and for any period.
Views expressed in any media by the designers, companies or third parties, whose products are sold on the Site or with whom we are associated, are their own. Rue Madame takes no responsibility for any such views as they do not necessarily reflect ours.
Rue Madame does not guarantee that the use of the Site and Services will be error-free or that the Site or the servers that make it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We recommend all users of the Site to ensure they have up-to-date software, including anti-virus, installed.
Some events may happen beyond our reasonable control, such as adverse weather. Under such conditions, Rue Madame will always do its best to aim at maintaining its Services but will not be responsible for failing to meet any obligations in this TOS.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
The TOS, together with all out policies and procedures, are governed by and construed I accordance with Hong Kong SAR law. The relevant courts of Hong Kong SAR will have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of any dispute or claim associated with these TOS.
The Site may include links to other websites or resources that are not operated or prepared by Rue Madame. We have no control over such sites and resources and we will not accept responsibility for them or be liable for any loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with your use of them.